Our partners in Russia updated that the MIA of Russia has approved new Regulations of providing the state service for issue, extension and renewal of visas in Russia.
Changes came into effect on 28 January 2020.
Which law introduces the changes?
- Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia dated 04.12.2019 No. 907.
What are the key changes?
- The form of company letter in support of visa extension or renewal has been introduced.
If work visa extension is supported by an organization in which a foreign national performs work or provides services, an employment contract or services contract must be presented to migration authorities.
- Form of application for correction of misprints and/or errors made in visa approved.
If a misprint/error is found in the issued visa, the application is considered within 2 working days. If the error is noticed during visa collection, the document is corrected on the same day.
- The Regulations provide that in case of refusal to accept the documents an official of the Ministry of Internal Affairs is to issue a refusal notice listing the specific grounds for refusal. The recommended sample is also approved by the Regulations.
In accordance with the new Regulations the grounds for refusal to accept the documents are as follows:
- Violation of the requirements to the visa application form and its contents;
- Mandatory documents are missing or do not meet requirements of the Regulations;
- The foreign national’s ID document has expired.
Who is affected?
- Foreign nationals and their employers who apply for visa issue or extension in Russia.