EMPLOYEE RELOCATION: FROM ISRAEL TO ITALY, MILAN
COST OF LIVING REPORT
Cost of Living Report: Milan
Overall Expenditure Rate
- The overall average monthly expenditure rate in Milan, Italy for a married assignee + 4 is €12,220. Those rates include:
- Goods, Services and Utilities
- Accommodation Lease (4-bdr accommodation)
- Education (3 children in international school)
- Car and Motoring (upscale car)
Goods, Services and Utilities
- The overall G&S cost for a M + 4 assignee in Milan is €3,180.
- The goods & services cost index in Milan is 114 compared to Israel base of 100.
- Following are the cost indexes of the different goods & services categories:
|Category||Home: Israel||Host: Milan, Italy||Relative Weight (%)|
|Food at Home||100||109||24|
|Food Away From Home||100||119||9|
|Tobacco & Alcohol||100||115||2|
The overall purchasing cost of the basic electrical goods in Milan, Italy is €2,880. This cost includes the following electrical goods:
- Fridge Freezer.
- Electrical Oven
- LCD 32”.
- Washing Machine.
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Electric iron: steam
- Singles and couples typically reside in the city center while expatriate families typically prefer the South of Milan and East Milan neighborhoods which offers international schools, parks, gardens and 24 hours secured areas.
- The following table provides the average monthly rented accommodation for expatriates in Milan. The below costs does not include household expenses (housing taxes, services charges, heating charges and parking charges).
|Number of Rooms||Level of Area||Monthly lease|
- Following are the costs of car categories:
|Category||Price of a new car||Price of 2 year old car||Annual petrol*, maintenance & insurance costs|
*Assuming a monthly kilometerage of 2,500 KM.
- Following are the annual tuition fees of several international schools in Milan. Those fees does not include costs such admission fees, capital fees, registration fees and transportation fees.
|American School of Milan||International School of Milan||The British School|
|Grades12 – 13||€15,360||€18,600||€14,075|
- The Jewish Community School provides classes from 10 months to 18 years. The annual tuition fee is from €1,250 to €4,350.